Herbes de Provence
- SUGGESTED USES
- THE STORY
Herbes de Provence is a traditional blend of aromatic herbs that grow both wild and cultivated throughout Provence in southern France. Provence was so named by the Roman legions, who loved both its beauty and the bounty of its hillsides. In French markets, small bags of colored cloth are sold containing Herbes de Provence.
Aux Anysetiers du Roy combines the traditional French ingredients - thyme, basil, savory, fennel seeds and lavender - in this aromatic Herbes de Provence. A favorite pantry staple, Herbes de Provence adds a country flavor to grilled or roasted meats, especially chicken, rabbit, pork, and lamb. Mix with olive oil to create a rub for chicken before roasting. Sprinkle over roasted potatoes. Whisk into a vinaigrette and drizzle over a fresh green salad, or blend with yogurt and garlic for a flavorful marinade for lamb.
- A favorite seasoning in country French cooking
- Use to flavor meat, poultry or fish dishes
- Mix with olive oil to create a rub for roast chicken
- Delicious sprinkled over roasted sweet potatoes
- Whisk into vinaigrettes and dress a green salad
- A delicious ingredient in fillings for tarts or quiche