Glazed Vegetables with Late Harvest Viognier Honey Vinegar
- 1 bunch baby carrots, tops removed, peeled & cut in half
- 1 bunch baby turnips, tops removed, washed and cut in half
- 4 spring onions, both red and yellow, if available, quartered
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut in 3-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp. Viognier Honey Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and crushed black peppercorns
- Sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the root vegetables and onions in a mixing bowl with the vinegar, olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Pour the vegetable mixture onto a half sheet pan with the sprigs of herbs, cover it with aluminum foil, and place the pan into the pre-heated oven.
- Keep the vegetables covered for 15 minutes; then take the pan from the oven, remove the foil, add the asparagus and toss with the other vegetables. Place the pan back in the oven for approximately 10 more minutes until the vegetables have begun to caramelize lightly and the carrots are tender.
- Remove from the oven and taste for seasoning. Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and another splash of Viognier Honey vinegar before serving.