Avocado Blossom Honey Drip Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup Avocado Blossom honey
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup coffee, very strong, cold
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl, blending well.
- Blend yolks, oil, coffee, lemon juice, lemon rind and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Add to flout mixture and stir.
- Add baking soda to warm Avocado Blossom honey, stir and let sit for 1 minute; add to flour/yolk mixture.
- Beat egg whites until a meringue consistency, adding 1/2 cup of granulated sugar gradually.
- Beat the egg yolk mixture for 1 minute until smooth.
- Fold the meringue into the egg yolk mixture gradually and blend well.
- Pout into an ungreased 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 55 minutes. Turn oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 15 minutes longer or until tests done.
- Invert when cool, remove from pan and serve.