What makes artisan Italian ingredients better? Here are a few reasons beyond the joy of supporting small producers that spend a lifetime cultivating their craft.
While commercial pastas allow sauces to separate and remain on the plate, the subtle textures of the pastas in this gift collection help sauces cling, yielding more flavor in every bite. Speaking of sauces, when you start with tomatoes and basil in peak season, add quality cheeses and pine nuts, and insist on the finest ingredients, discernment is reflected in great taste. The vinegars we've included make future supermarket purchases a no-go; you will notice how the aging and refining process of these artisan bottles lead to a distinctive, complex taste for lasting appreciation. Finally, extra-virgin olive oil from same-day cold pressing of single varietal olives yields a sumptuous, peppery oil that will provide a layer of flavor for every recipe or will stand firmly on its own to soak up with fresh bread. Flavored salts complete the package here, making this Italian Pantry gift out of this world. A perfect way to make at-home dinners with la famiglia.
Included In This Gift
- La Bella Angiolina - Organic Trofiette Pasta: Imported from Italy's sun-drenched Ligurian coast, this pasta is hand-rolled and air-dried with a firm texture. Pairs well with pestos. 1.1 lb.
- La Bella Angiolina - Ligurian Basil Pesto: A classic pesto made with legendary Andoran basil, extra-virgin olive oil, Italian pine nuts and pecorino cheese. 8 oz.
- Rustichella d'Abruzzo - Linguine Pasta: Durum wheat Semolina and pure spring water gives this pasta a subtle texture that holds sauces beautifully. 17.5 oz.
- Casina Rossa - Due Formaggi Pasta Sauce: Silky rich pasta sauce with the flavor of two classic Italian cheeses, pecorino and aged ricotta. 17.6 oz.
- Ritrovo Selections - 6 year Aged Balsamic Vinegar: A traditional balsamic that is thicker and richer than most traditional 25 year balsamic because of the use of grape must and the evaporation process. 7 oz.
- Colli Etruschi - Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Bold yet fruity, this versatile oil is the result of same-day, continuous-cycle, first-cold pressing of quality Caninese olives. 250 ml.
- Casina Rossa - Italian Artisan Salt Assortment: This excellent selection of 6 Italian salts allows Italian food lovers the opportunity to test their creativity in their home kitchen. Six - 1.1oz. jars
- Volpaia - Red Wine Vinegar: 250 ml.
- Volpaia - White Wine Vinegar: Rich and aromatic, this vinegar is produced in the Chianti region from wine of Trebbiano and Malvasia grapes. Ideal for salad dressings, and to highlight the flavors of fish, chicken and vegetable dishes. 250 ml.
- Black Window Gift Box with Ribbon
**A Note on Substitutions: Because many of our items are made in small batches or to order, we occasionally need to swap an out-of-stock item for something similar. Be assured it will be of equal or greater value and equally delicious!