Trina's Lingonberry Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. rose water (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Elki Lingonberry Spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the bottom (not the sides) of two 9" round pans. In a small bowl whisk together flour and baking powder and set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla and rose water until incorporated. Add eggs one at a time beating flour and the jam alternately beginning and ending with flour until both are fully incorporated. Divide batter between the pans and bake about 30 minutes - until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Frost with buttercream frosting.