Vanilla Apple Pudding
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsps. Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 cups coarsely chopped cored peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed Dark Muscovado Sugar
- freshly whipped cream, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cream the butter, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat until batter is fluffy. Add the flour, baking soda and cinnamon and mix well; dough will be crumbly.
- Add the apples and walnuts and mix just until incorporated. Press over the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top and press into the dough mixture. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream.