Buckwheat Honey & Ginger Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus additional for dusting
- 1/4 cup Light Muscovado Sugar, packed
- 1 cup Bee Raw Buckwheat Honey
- 2 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- In large bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. At slow speed, add honey and mix until well combined. Add baking soda, salt and spices. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each egg and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix in flour until just blended.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape or scoop the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Roll each ball in sugar, if desired.
- Place dough, 2 inches apart, on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until the cookies are slightly browned, soft and puffy. For a crispier cookie, bake a little longer.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.