Crispy Basil Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- Stonewall Kitchen Basil Pesto Aioli
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus additional to drizzle over tomatoes
- 4-6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush Basil Pesto Aioli over both sides of each chicken breast.
- Place panko crumbs in a shallow bowl. Press each chicken breast in the crumbs to generously coat chicken on all sides. Allow to rest 10 minutes before sautéing.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot add chicken in batches, making certain to not over crowd the pan. Sauté until golden brown and the chicken in no longer pink when a knife is inserted in the center of the meat. Remove chicken to a baking tray lined with paper towels until all pieces are cooked. Remove the paper towel. Top each chicken breast with a slice of fresh mozzarella and bake in oven until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add a little olive oil to the tomatoes just to coat and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken breast topped with chopped tomatoes.