Ginger Chicken with Almonds
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger plus 1/4 cup julienned fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons grapeseed or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large scallions (or 6 small), trimmed
- 1/2 cup Mango Chutney
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Slice chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick-pieces. Toss with ground coriander, grated ginger, 2 teaspoons oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Marinate at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice white parts of scallions. Julienne green parts; set aside.Stir together chutney, broth, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet (or wok) over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and julienned ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry until thoroughly cooked, 4 to 6 minutes. Add scallion greens and chutney mixture; cook, stirring 2 minutes. Transfer to shallow bowls with hot cooked rice (or without rice, for a low-carb version). Sprinkle with toasted almond slices and serve.