Lemon Bleu Stuffed Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons finely minced shallots
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cayenne pepper (optional)
- 5 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (approximately 48)
- Combine the wine and shallots in a small bowl. Let stand.
- Combine the cream cheese, garlic, lemon extract, white pepper, cayenne pepper and shallot mixture in a mixing bowl. Beat until well blended using an electric mixer. Fold in the blue cheese with a wooden spoon. Chill, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Rinse the cherry tomatoes. Remove the tops by slicing a small amount off each tomato. Scoop out the seeds with a small measuring spoon. Cut a small slice off the bottom of each tomato so it will stand upright when plated. Fill each tomato with 1/2 tablespoon of the chilled Lemon-Bleu Stuffing, using a pastry bag or spoon.
Makes 28 tablespoons of stuffing for 48 tomatoes
You may use the stuffing as a gourmet appetizer on toasted slices of a French baguette topped with small cooked shrimp.