Chipotle Pineapple Pork Chops
- 4 boneless center loin chops, each 1 1/2 inches thick (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 bottle Roasted Chipotle Pineapple Grille Sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- a little olive oil
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, about 1 1/2 pounds total, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- salt to taste
- For Garnish Sliced radishes, cilantro sprigs, a few slices of white onion
- Place the chops in a bowl or zippered plastic food bag and add 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce. Turn chops to coat them with the sauce. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. Combine the remaining sauce with the honey and refrigerate.
- Prepare a charcoal fire, letting the coals burn until they are covered with a gray ash and are medium-hot. Lightly oil the sweet potato slices. Remove the chops from the marinade and discard the marinade. Sprinkle the chops with salt. Place them in the center of the grill and arrange the sweet potato slices around the cooler edges of the grill. Cover the grill and cook for 6 minutes. Turn the chops and potato slices over and brush with the grilling sauce mixture. Cover the grill and cook until the pork is a little firm but still has some give (150 degrees on an instant termometer), and the potatoes are tender. Brush the chops and potatoes occasionally with the sauce mixture. The total grilling time for the chops will be 12 to 16 minutes.
- Arrange the chops and potato slices on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the radishes, cilantro sprigs and onion rings. Carry to the table and pass any extra sauce.