Heirloom Tomato Salad with Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- 4 cups baby arugula lettuce
- 6 large, ripe heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup Frontera Tomatillo Salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Arrange the arugula over the bottom of a large serving platter. Arrange the tomato and cheese slices over the top of the arugula. Sprinkle with a little salt and chopped cilantro. Refrigerate covered up to 1 hour.
For the Avocado Cilantro Dressing:
Scoop avocado pulp into a blender or food processor. Add Tomatillo Salsa, 1/2 cup water, oil and salt. Puree until smooth. Refrigerate covered for 1 hour.
Serve salad drizzled generously with dressing. Sliced crusty bread makes a great accompaniment!