Make Ahead Savory Aged Sharp Cheddar Cheese Scones
- 8 ounce Aged (sharp) Wisconsin Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1-1/2 cup Biscuit baking mix
- 1/3 cup Cold water
- Safinter La Mancha Sweet Smoked Paprika
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add cheese, biscuit mix and water to a bowl. Stir with a fork, adding 1 or 2 tablespoons more water, if dough is too dry. Stir only until blended and dough sticks together.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on nonstick cookie sheets.
- Stir together the melted butter and smoked paprika and lightly brush the butter mixture over the tops of the scones using a pastry brush. Sprinkle the scones with parmesan cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until puffed and browned. Cool slightly on rack. The scones can be reheated at 375F for 10 minutes.
- Scones may be frozen: freeze in single layer on cookie sheets. When frozen, transfer to freezer bag.
Makes 36 Scones.