French Toast with Crown Maple Syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec (or orange juice)
- finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf challah or sourdough bread, sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- confectioner's sugar
- Crown Maple Grade A Medium or Dark Amber Maple Syrup
- Beat the eggs and cream together. Add the Triple Sec (or orange juice), granulated sugar, orange zest, and cinnamon and whisk until well blended. Pour into a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Dip each piece of bread in the egg mixture, turning once. Melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add as many slices of bread that will fit and fry until golden on both sides. Repeat with remaining bread, adding butter to the skillet as needed.
- Sift confectioner's sugar over the bread. Serve immediately with Crown Maple Syrup.