Maple Ginger Snaps
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Crown Maple Medium Amber Syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, allspice, cinnamon, baking soda, salt,and white pepper.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine 1/2 cup of the white sugar, the brown sugar, and the butter. Cream on medium speed for two minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl at least once. With the mixer running on medium, add the egg and then the Crown Maple Syrup.
- With the mixer on slow speed, add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Roll the dough into 3/4 inch balls and roll them in the remaining 1/4 cup white sugar. Bake the cookies on a lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet, 3-4 inches apart, for about 15 minutes, until golden brown and set at the edges but still soft in the middle. Cool the cookies for 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.