Biscotti del Boulangere
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbls. Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 tsp. Pure Orange Extract
- 1 tsp. Pure Almond Extract
- 2 tsp. Pure Chocolate Extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 cups, or more flour, to make a thick but soft dough
- 1 Tbls. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semi sweet or mixed white and dark chocolate
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9 inch x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Spray the entire pan/paper with nonstick cooking spray. Place the pan on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the butter, oil and sugar. Add the extracts and then blend in the eggs well. Add the juice and most of the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir well and add more flour to make a very thick, typical biscotti batter. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pat the batter into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes and them 325 degrees F for 20-45 minutes more until totally set and just beginning to color on top.
- Chill for 30 minutes or let cool an hour. Then unmold and on a cutting board, with a very sharp, long knife, cut into 9 strips about 4/3 inch wide and lay on baking sheet again. Bake again until crisp, 20-30 minutes, turning once, at 325 degrees F. Alternatively, cut into 9 strips and then into 4 squares/blocks.