Late Harvest Viognier Honey Vinegar Marinated Chicken
- 4 chicken breast halves, bone-in
- 1/2 cup Viognier Honey Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A good pinch freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 3-4 TBSP. chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, chives, tarragon, rosemary & thyme
- In a bowl large enough to fit the chicken pieces, mix all of the ingredients for the marinade together except for the fresh herbs.
- Pour half of the marinade in a small mixing bowl. Add the chicken pieces to half of the marinade and the fresh herbs to the other half. Toss the chicken pieces in the marinade and set aside for at least 30 minutes and as long as two hours.
- Light the grill with the charcoal places to one half of the grill. The chicken will be cooked using the indirect heat of the flame or charcoal. Once the grill has come up to temperature place the chicken pieces skin side down around the heat source, close the lid and cook the chicken about halfway. When the skin is beginning to take on a light, mahogany color, about 12 to 15 minutes, flip the chicken and cook until done.
- Place the chicken on a platter and use the remaining marinade as a sauce.
You can cut the meat off the bone once it has rested for a few minutes, if you choose. Serve with roasted potatoes and steamed green vegetables.