Spicy Candied Bacon
- 2 Tablespoons Trees Knees Spicy Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6-8 pieces thick cut bacon
- Fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Quickly whisk the first four ingredients in a large bowl until the sugar is just incorporated.
- Add the bacon and get in there with your hands. It's the only way to do this right. Each piece should be very well coated.
- Place a baking rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Alternatively, you may cover a cooling rack with aluminum foil and poke holes through it. The idea is to let the fat drip away from the meat and on to the baking sheet, allowing the bacon to crisp. Lay the bacon across in one layer and cover in freshly cracked black pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool on the rack.