Homemade Ricotta with Spicy Honey
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Bees Knees Spicy Honey to drizzle
Homemade ricotta - sounds hard, but it's not! This one is creamy, fresh and tangy. Sprinkle with a healthy dose of freshly cracked black pepper and a drizzle of Bees Knees spicy honey. Add slices of avocado, radishes, or plums for interest and delicious flavor.
- Pour the milk, cream, and salt into a pot and turn heat on high.
- Bring to a boil. When the boiling action on the edges starts to move into the center, remove from the heat immediately.
- Add lemon juice and stir very, very gently until you start to see small curds on your spoon. Let the pot sit for 10 minutes.
- Line a mesh colander or sieve with two layers of cheesecloth and set over a large bowl. Pour the liquid into the cheesecloth and set in the fridge for several hours. The ideal consistency comes after about 10 hours, but pull it sooner if you're looking for a looser cheese.