Tomato & Watermelon Salad
- 4 to 6 large tomatoes, ideally heirloom varieties, cut into 1 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cut into 1 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup TONDO extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup feta cheese, torn into large crumbles
This recipe is courtesy of The New York Times, and has been adapted to include the use of single-varietal TONDO extra-virgin olive oil. This robust and buttery oil is a perfect complement to the acidity of the tomatoes and the watermelon's sweetness. Photo credit to Grant Cornett.
- Combine the cubed tomatoes and watermelon in a large, nonreactive bowl and toss gently to combine. Add salt and let stand 5 to 10 minutes while you prepare the dressing.
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cheese to the tomatoes and watermelon, then the dressing, and toss gently to combine.