Arborio Insalata Caprese
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 10-12 large basil leaves torn by hand into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup Titone DOP extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- tellicherry pepper to taste
Directions:Pre-cook the rice.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add rice to the boiling water, and cook until al dente, approximately 12 minutes.
- Drain rice, and spread lightly with your fingers on a baking dish to cool. This helps it retain its al dente texture. Allow to cool. Prepare the dish.
- In a large bowl combine cooked rice, mozzarella, tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Pour olive oil over the mixture and stir to distribute evenly.
- Stir in cracked pepper and salt to taste.