Tomato & White Sultana Tart
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, chilled and diced
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 jar Le Bon Magot Tomato & White Sultana Chutney, divided
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 1/2-inch tart pan and place on baking sheet.
- To make crust, in a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and salt. Cut butter into dry ingredients. Butter should be the size of peas and resemble a coarse meal. Slowly add ice water to flour mixture, mixing until a dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and lightly knead, about two minutes. Flatten dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes. Once dough has chilled, roll into a disk, 1/4 inch thick.
- Carefully place pie dough over tart shell. Press dough into pan, making sure there is a crease where the sides and bottom meet. Remove all excess dough that hangs off the edge of pan. Using a fork, poke holes in dough, all over bottom and sides of pan. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until crust starts to turn golden brown. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, place ricotta cheese, eggs, parsley and 7 ounces of Le Bon Magot Tomato & White Sultana Chutney, reserving remaining ounce for later. Whisk together until smooth. Pour cheese into prepared tart shell and spread into an even layer.
- Arrange tomatoes in a single layer on top of cheese, with seed side facing up. Place tart into oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the middle is set.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ounce of tomato chutney with 2 tablespoons of water. Pour glaze over tart, spreading carefully with a pastry brush. Return tart to oven for about 5 minutes, or until the glaze sets. Allow tart to cool slightly before serving.