Roasted Butternut Squash with Spiced Raisins and Tahini
- 1 large butternut squash (2 1/4 lb. in total), cut into 3/4 by 2 1/2-inch wedges
- 8 red onions, cut into 1 1/4-inch wedges
- 3 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 1/2 tbsp light tahini paste (preferably Soom)
- 4-6 oz. Le Bon Magot Spiced Raisin Marmalata
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 3 1/2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp za'atar
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put the squash and onion in a large mixing bowl, add 3 tablespoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and some black pepper and toss well. Spread on a baking sheet with the skin facing down and roast in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the vegetables have taken on some colour and are cooked through. Keep an eye on the onions as they might cook faster than the squash and need to be removed earlier. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- To make the sauce, place the tahini in a small bowl along with the lemon juice, water, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk until the sauce is the consistency of honey, adding more water or tahini if necessary.
- Pour the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil into a small frying pan and place over medium-low heat. Add the pine nuts along with 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often, until the nuts are golden brown. Remove from the heat and transfer the nuts and oil to a small bowl to s top the cooking.
- To serve, spread the vegetables out on a large serving platter and drizzle over the Spiced Raisin Marmalata and tahini. Sprinkle the pine nuts and their oil on top, followed by the za'atar and parsley.