Harvest Stuffed Squash
- 2 or 3 butternut, buttercup, or acorn squash, halved
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Wood's Cider Mill Boiled Cider
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped into pea-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- 2 TBSP. butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash squash, slice in half, and scrape out seeds. Place cut sides down on baking sheet and bake until squash is very tender when pierced with a fork. While keeping skin intact, scoop out squash and put in mixing bowl. Mash to make smooth.
- Meanwhile, combine chopped apple, boiled cider, walnuts, sugar/syrup, cranberries, and raisins in saucepan. Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Add the apple mixture to the squash and gently mix together. Scoop the squash/apple mixture back into the original shell. Put a tab of butter on top and return to oven for 5 minutes of until heated through.