Cinnamon Cider Apple Pie
- 8 apples, peeled and cut
- 1/2 cup Wood's Cinnamon Cider Syrup
- 2 tbsp. dark rum
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. butter
- your favorite two crust pie pastry
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine apples, rum, and cinnamon cider syrup in saucepan. Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 15 min. or until apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Spoon into a 9 inch pie pastry.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg and sprinkle over apple filling, dot with butter.
- Top with remaining pastry and cut vents.
- Bake pie at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until the filling is bubbly and crust golden