Grilled Sourdough Bread with Brown Butter
- 1 loaf of artisanal sourdough bread, cut into 1" thick slices
- 4 TBSP. original unfiltered brown butter
- 2 TBSP. extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Allow the brown butter to sit at room temperature until it becomes soft and spreadable.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill or grill pan over high heat.
- Cut the sourdough across into 1" thick slices and place on a sheet tray in one even layer.
- Lightly drizzle the slices of sourdough with 1 TBSP. of the extra virgin olive oil, freshly cracked black pepper and kosher salt. Rotate the bread and repeat on the other side with remaining olive oil, pepper and salt.
- Schmear the brown butter atop the warm grilled bread and sprinkle with coarse sea salt for texture. Eat immediate to appreciate the warm crunch and deeply toasted creaminess.