Bay Leaf Brown Butter Cast Iron Cornbread
- 4 TBSP. Bay Leaf Brown Butter
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups coarse cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 TBSP. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Stir the egg-milk mixture into the flour mixture until combined.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over low heat and melt the bay leaf brown butter. Once melted completely, increase the heat to medium-high.
- Pour the prepared batter into the pan.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook uncovered for 17-20 minutes until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean from the center.
- Enjoy warm with another schmear of bay leaf brown butter.