Tropical Fruit Parfait with Pastry Cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 2-4 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Nielsen Massey Pure Orange Extract
- 4 fruit choices, such as mango, pineapple, strawberries, and blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon tablespoons butter, softened
Directions:FOR FRUIT PARFAIT:
- Combine cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, milk and orange extract in a mixing bowl and beat until combined.
- Alternate layers of cream cheese mixture and diced fruit in a trifle dish.
- Top with Vanilla Pastry Cream (recipe below)
- Whisk 2/3 cup sugar, egg, egg yolks, Nielsen-Massey Pure Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Cook milk and 1/3 cup sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat until foam rises, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Temper the eggs with the hot milk mixture, stirring after each addition of milk.
- Cook over low heat until cream reaches 160 degrees and becomes thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter
- Spread cream over parchment paper to cool.
- Top parfait with pastry cream before serving.