Colorado Campfire Chicken Stew
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour, or use cornstarch for gluten free
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- freshly ground pepper
- In a four quart pot melt butter and saute onion 5 minutes.
- Add flour or cornstarch, stir continuously for 30 seconds to form paste
- Stir in broth, raise heat, and bring to a simmer. Stir until thickened.
- Add contents of Colorado Campfire Chicken Stew Mix and chicken.
- Bring to a simmer again, cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Serve this thick-as-pot pie soup with biscuits on the side!