Winter White Salad
- 1/2 fennel bulb, cored
- 1 apple, crisp & sweet such as Fuji or red delicious, peeled and cored
- 2 ribs celery, outer layer peeled
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp. J. LeBlanc Champagne Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Fleur de Sel or other flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Using a mandoline if you have one, or a sharp knife, shave or thinly slice the fennel, apple, and celery.
- Make the vinaigrette: Add the vinegar, salt and a few grindings of pepper to a small jar, cover, and shake well. Add the oil and shake to blend.
- Combine the sliced ingredients with the almonds and dress to taste.