A toothpick skewered with berries and lemon peel adds summery appeal to any aperitif, including this cooling concoction called If Only He Knew, which we adapted from the fabulous drink book Beautiful Booze by Natalie Migliarini & James Stevenson. The sparkling rose topper here adds an appealing pink layer to this cooling aperitif, but any bubbles will do. Try it with club soda, prosecco, or champagne, and garnish with the prettiest berries around.
- 1 ounce Vodka
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce berry syrup such as Liber & Co's Raspberry Gum Syrup
- Sparkling Rose
- Add vodka, lemon juice, and berry syrup such as Liber & Co's Raspberry Gum Syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice
- Shake for 30 seconds and strain into a champagne flute.
- Top with a sparkling rose, and garnish with a lemon twist and blueberries.