Bruschetta al Pomodoro
- 4 mature tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Badia a Coltibuono Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 thick slices Italian country bread
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes in colander, add salt to taste and allow them to drain.
- Set the oven to 425 degrees. In small dish, pour 1/2 cup olive oil and add salt and pepper. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat each slice of bread with oil and place on baking sheet.
- Toast the bread in oven for about 15 minutes until crisp and golden brown, turning once.
- In bowl, transfer tomatoes and gently mix with garlic, basil and the rest of the olive oil, reserving some basil for garnish if desired.
- Spread each slice of the toasted bread with the chopped tomato mixture, and to serve arrange on individual plates or large platter.