Dulce de Leche Caramel Apples
- 1 fresh crisp red apple per person
- 1-2 tablespoons La Salamandra Dulce de Leche per person
- cinnamon powder to taste
- 1 tablespoon roasted almonds, chopped per person (optional)
- For each serving, wash apple, cut in quarters, and remove core and seeds. Cut each quarter into thick slices and arrange on small plate. Leave on skins if apples are organic; otherwise peel apples.
- Put spoonful of Dulce de Leche on plate beside apples and add a dusting of cinnamon powder. Sprinkle each plate with 1 tbsp. roasted chopped almonds if desired.
- Serve with a small butter knife to spread the caramel on apples.