Trenne with Tomatoes (Trenne con Pomodori)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup grated pecorino
- 1 pound Rustichella d'Abruzzo Trenne
- Basil leaves, for garnish
- Using a large skillet, lightly brown the garlic cloves in olive oil.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until sauce begins to thicken. Once sauce starts to thicken, add the cheese.
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water fro approximately 8 minutes. Drain and add to the sauce.
- Serve on platter with basil leaves, halved cherry tomatoes, and grated pecorino.