Pan Sautéed Chicken with Vidalia Onion Fig Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Vidalia Onion Fig Sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, finely grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim and pound chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Cook several minutes until golden, then turn chicken and cook until golden on both sides and cooked through. Drain off fat.
- Add butter to sauté pan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until translucent, but not brown. Add ginger and brandy. Cook until brandy reduces and the alcohol is cooked off. Add the Stonewall Kitchen Vidalia Onion Fig Sauce, chicken broth and orange zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Serve sauce over chicken breasts with your favorite rice recipe. This sauce is also delcious on pork!