- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine butter, Dark Muscovado Sugar, and molasses. Stir well, breaking up any large lumps of sugar with a fork. Stir in the egg.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Stir into the butter mixture.
- Place the Demerara Sugarin a bowl. Scoop out a heaping teaspoon of dough and roll into a ball with your hands. Coat the cookie ball with the Demerara Sugar and place it on a parchment or Teflon pad lined cookie sheet. Repeat this process, spacing the balls approximately one inch apart on the sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned. Transfer them to cooling racks and let cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
These cookies are light, moist and delicate, not hard and chewy like most ginger snaps, and they remain that way for days when stored in an airtight container.