Illinois Prairie Corn Chowder
- 2 to 3 lbs white potatoes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Peel & dice potatoes and place in a 4 quart pot
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil
- Add contents of Corn Chowder Soup Mix and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes
- Add cream and heat, uncovered, over low heat until slightly thickened, about 15 to 30 minutes.
- With a garnish of grated Monterey Jack cheese and fresh parsley, the corn chowder becomes a lovely summer or winter meal!
- Try adding fresh corn when available
- For a heartier soup, add shredded chicken breast, crabmeat or clams
- Serve in bowls with crusty bread
- Serves 6-8