Creole Mustard Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs. red new potatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons cream
- 3 Tablespoons Dulcet Creole Mustard
- Sea salt
- Wash the potatoes well and cut the potatoes into quarters, leaving the skins on.
- Place in salted water and cook on stove at a low boil.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place 2 Tablespoons of butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and cook until golden brown, approximately 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat to low and add the mustard and the cream to heat, then remove from heat.
- When the potatoes are cooked through, drain well and place in mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or use a hand mixer.
- Add the remaining 4 Tablespoons of butter to the potatoes and mix to combine.
- Add the onion mixture and season with sea salt to taste.